Jim Huffman, CEO of GrowthHit marketing agency and host of the entrepreneur and cutting-edge marketing and business strategy interview podcast “If I Was Starting Today”, sat down with Canna Provisions co-founder and CEO Meg Sanders.
In their fascinating and deeply insightful discussion, Meg and Jim break down how she has been able to create a $40M business without traditional marketing channels from operating with a highly regulated product, and discusses the future of her business as well as Canna Provisions current $10M fundraise for expansion of Canna Provisions cultivation and manufacturing strategies, and more.
Some highlights of the topics covered in the episode:
- Process of starting a business in a pandemic – How Canna Provisions pivoted around the COVID-19 pandemic response by Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker in 2020.
- Switching tracks from consulting to operations – Why a seasoned veteran of the US legal cannabis industry stepped back into operations in Western Massachusetts.
- Cannabis as a retail business – Location, Location, Location…the same rules of real estate success apply for cannabis.
- Creating a different way to transact – Understanding Canna Provisions education and guided-experience shopping and customer experience design.
- How to market in regulated markets – Earned media and SEO, the growth-value of having a media expert on staff for landing top-notch earned content at both the hyper-local and the national level when traditional paid advertising and marketing is generally not an option in regulated markets.
- The challenges of cannabis – How risk tolerance is the backbone to being an operator and successful cannabis business person in the United States.
STREAM IT HERE:
head right to our menus now and see what’s good.
Want more education on strains, effects, and cannabis information? check these out!
CLICK HERE to sign up for our Canna Fam email blast TODAY. It’s the only place you will get announcements of availability for SMASH HITS cannabis, exclusively available at Canna Provisions stores!
WANT TO LEARN ABOUT MARIJUANA CULTIVATORS WE CARRY FOR PURCHASE?
GO BEYOND THE STRAIN!
Check out our online menus at our LEE STORE AND OUR HOLYOKE store for the marijuana flower, prerolls, edibles, topicals, concentrates, and other goodies!
About Canna Provisions
Canna Provisions is a recreational cannabis dispensary in the Berkshires as well as a recreational cannabis dispensary in the Pioneer Valley focusing on a unique and thoughtful customer experience. We are here to guide you and towards the right provisions to fit your lifestyle, and provide knowledgeable support every step of the way. Founded by established industry pioneers with extensive cultivation, regulation and consumer sales experience, Canna Provisions stores provide a broad range of top-grade craft cannabis products that are locally sourced and thoughtfully produced. Life is a journey. No matter the path, trust Canna Provisions to better your journey. To learn more, visit CannaProvisionsGroup.com. Join us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Please Consume Responsibly. This product may cause impairment and may be habit forming. For use only by adults 21 years of age or older. Keep out of the reach of children.
This product has not been analyzed or approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This is limited information on the side effects of using this product, and there may be associated health risks. Marijuana used during pregnancy and breast-feeding may pose potential harms. It is against the law to drive or operate machinery when under the influence of this product. KEEP THIS PRODUCT AWAY FROM CHILDREN. There may be health risks associated with consumption of this product. Marijuana can impair concentration, coordination, and judgement. The effects of Edibles may be delayed by two hours or more. In case of accidental ingestion, contact poison control hotline 1-800-222-1222 or 9-1-1. This product may be illegal outside of MA.